If you’re searching for final expense life insurance without a waiting period, the Great Western Insurance Company may have your best option.
With the Great Western Insurance Company, qualified applicants between the ages of 40 to 80 can purchase up to $40,000 of burial coverage by answering only 3 health questions!
Continue reading our brief overview of the Assurance Plus policy and it’s approval guidelines to determine your eligibility for Great Western’s final expense life insurance policy without a two-year waiting period.
Quick Article Guide:
1. What Sets Great Western Apart from the other Insurance Companies?
2. Can I Buy Final Expense Life Insurance without a 2-Year Wait?
3. What is the Great Western Insurance Company’s Rating?
4. How Do I Apply For Immediate Coverage from Great Western?
5. Great Western’s Final Expense Insurance Rate Chart
6. What Information Do I Need for Great Western’s Application?
Hundreds of insurers offer final expense life insurance, but most of these policies have a “two-year waiting period.” In other words, if you were to die from a health-related issue during the first two years of coverage, your loved ones would not receive the full death-benefit from your policy.
The Great Western Life Insurance Company bucks the trend by offering up to $40,000 of immediate coverage to eligible applicants between the ages of 40 and 80. Purchasing coverage is simple, but in order to qualify for this policy, you must be able to answer “NO” to 3 health questions.
That’s it. No medical exams, no visit’s to the doctor’s office, and no blood draws!
As of August 2019, Great Western’s Assurance Plus policy is available in 43 states, excluding Alaska, Connecticut, D.C., Delaware, Hawaii, New York, Maine, and Vermont. To determine your eligibility for immediate coverage, a licensed life insurance agent will ask you the following 3 health questions:
1. In the last two years, has the applicant been diagnosed by a licensed medical doctor as terminally ill, been in hospice, or been confined or been advised to be confined to a hospital or nursing home for more than five days?
2. Is the applicant unable to independently perform routine activities such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, or transferring to or from a bed or chair?
3. In the last two years, has the applicant been diagnosed with, been prescribed medication for or treated by a healthcare provider for any of the following diseases: Cancer (other than basal cell carcinoma), Tumor, Insulin-Dependent Diabetes, or any Disorder of the Blood, Kidney, Lung, Brain, Heart, Circulatory System, or Liver?
For Prescriptions: Please do not mark “Yes” if the prescription(s) is a maintenance medication and has remained the same (or generic equivalent) at the same or at a decreased dosage for the past two years.
For Treatments: Please do not mark “Yes” if your visit(s) with you health care provider in the last two years was a routine review of your maintenance medication and no additional treatment was given or diagnosis was made during your visit(s).
According to Great Western’s application: “If all of the health questions are answered “NO,” the Proposed Insured is eligible for a Level Death Benefit.” To Apply for Immediate Life Insurance Coverage from the Great Western Life Insurance Company, please call: 1-855-247-9555.
As of April 2019, the Great Western Life Insurance company was rated as “Excellent” by AM Best for their financial stability. They currently hold more than 2.4 billion dollars in assets, and are licensed to sell life insurance policies in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Great Western’s website also states:
“Our Surplus to Liability Ratio is among the highest in the industry, exceeding the margin of assets over liabilities and excess surplus standards that are averaged by America’s 25 largest life insurance companies (Standard Analytical Service, Inc. 2013).”
The Great Western Life insurance company has been in business since 1983 and they have a solid track record of paying their death claims. If you do not qualify for their immediate coverage due to severe health issues, you may be eligible for guaranteed issue life insurance with a two-year waiting period.
To learn more about traditional Guaranteed Issue life insurance, please see our insider’s guide, “What is Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance?” This article further explains Guaranteed Acceptance life insurance for people with terminal illnesses and compounding health problems.
Applying for immediate life insurance coverage from the Great Western Insurance Company is as simple as picking up the phone and answering a few questions. In fact, one of our licensed agents can help you complete and submit your application in as little as 10 minutes!
Step 1: Call 1-855-247-9555 to apply with an agent over the phone.
Step 2: Complete a five minute phone interview with Great Western.
Step 3: Review your policy for accuracy and store it somewhere safe.
After you’ve applied over the phone, a representative from Great Western will review your paperwork and call you to confirm your application. Most people are approved within 48 hours, and your premiums can be deducted from your account each month, so won’t have to worry about missing a payment.
Rate Chart for Great Western’s Guaranteed Assurance Final Expense Life Insurance
The Great Western Life Insurance Company uses the rate chart below to calculate an applicant’s rates. Like most final expense life insurance companies, an individuals premiums are determined primarily by the amount of coverage they are purchasing, their current age, and gender.
To learn more about Great Western’s final expense life insurance policies, or if you need help calculating your rates, please give us a toll-free call today at 855-247-9555. Our agents are licensed to sell life insurance in all 50 states and we are happy to answer your questions.
Completing the Life Insurance Application from Great Western
In addition to answering the three health questions we listed earlier in the article, you’ll also need to provide some personal information to your licensed agent in order for them to complete your life insurance application over the phone. Below we’ve provided a list of the information you’ll want to have ready before you call:
1. Full name, physical address, social security number, and phone number.
2. Primary care doctor’s name and phone number.
3. Amount of coverage applying for, payment method, and billing frequency.
4. Primary and secondary beneficiary (if applicable).
We’re Here to Help!
JRC is an independently-owned life insurance agency that represents more than 50 top-rated life insurance providers. By having access to dozens of life insurance companies and their approval guidelines, we can quickly identify your best options helping you save time and money.
In addition to final expense life insurance, we also offer a variety of term, whole, and permanent life insurance protection. Regardless of your age or health profile, we’ll help you find the best life insurance policy for your needs and budget!
Our comparative shopping services are completely free, and there is no cost to apply for life insurance. Give us a call today, toll-free at 1-855-247-9555, or you can use our free life insurance quote calculator below to instantly compare rates from dozens of insurance providers.
Latest posts by Cliff Pendell (see all)
- JRC Insurance Group Scholarship Winner – Fall 2019 - November 4, 2019
- Which Life Insurance Companies Are Best for People With Heart Disease? - October 9, 2019
- Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance (With No Health Questions!) - October 4, 2019